1 I Survived the Attacks of September 11th

I Survived the Attacks of September 11th

Written by Lauren Tarshis

Illustrated by Scott Dawson

Reviewed by Leonel D. (age 10)

Have you ever wanted advice from a special adult? In thig book Lucas wants to talk to his uncle about his parents decision to not let him play football because it was too dangerous. Lucas seeks out the advice of his New York firefighter who works in New York City. Instead of going to school he takes the train down to the city on September 11th. When he arrives the city moments later two planes crash into the twin towers! Read to see what happens to Lucas.

It is my opinion that this book is great because it is interesting to read factual information even though the main character is made up. This historical fiction where it gives details about the events of September 11th, 2001. The part I found interesting was when the Dad came into the city to get Lucas and together they come up with an agreement for the future. This book is part of the I Survived Series. I believe you will enjoy these books.

I would recommend this book because it shows a sad event that happened in our country 20 years ago. The type a reader that likes to learn about the past will enjoy this book. Another reason, is how the characters experience these real historical moments. This book has 82 pages. Go get this book now from your classroom or buy it online!