1 Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief

Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lightning Thief

Written by Rick Riordan

Reviewed by Anthony M. (age 9)

In the book Percy Jackson The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon is being framed as a criminal. Zeus the god of the sky thinks Percy stole the master bolt. He has until the summer solstice or the gods will go to war. The genre of this book is mythology. What will happen? I think all kids age 8 and up should read this book. Anyone who likes action and adventures will really enjoy this book.

In my opinion Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief is the best book I've ever read. It is full of adventure and surprises. For example, it's surprising when Percy finds out he is a half blood. This is the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. There are five books in the series and so far, I like this one the most. I enjoy reading these books because it takes me back to ancient times. The words help me imagine what it was like to be in Greek times. I find learning about the Gods very interesting.

I really enjoyed the book Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief. I think kids ages 8 and up should read this book. My favorite part was when Percy found out he was a half blood. I think this book was the best book I have ever read. Anyone who likes action and adventure will really enjoy this book.