1 A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember

Written by Nicolas Sparks

Reviewed by Nurisha A. (age 15)

A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember is a story, that wraps you up in the story of young, sad, but true love. An interesting sequence of events cause Landon Carter- the popular guy, to ask out the unpopular Jamie Sullivan, which brings them into romance. The guy full of love, quits his popular party and is being discriminated against by others, but he doesn't care, as long as him and Jamie are happy.

Their love continues to grow a they struggle with their feelings and the reality of the disease, that Jamie has. But Landon never gives up, and keeps going on. The news, that Jamie has had leukemia for years, and that she was going to die, devastate and scare Landon, who now tries to spend as much time with her as possible, so they both fall in love with each other. Jamie has a wish, which is to get married, before she dies, and her dream comes true...

This is a very sad book, but it is very fascinating to see, what a big thing love is, and what it can do to us. The book touches your heart, and brings tears to your eyes. It makes you think about your own life, and that you should appreciate everything you have in your life.

I would suggest this book to anyone, because it would be interesting for teens and young adults. It really grabs your attention!