1 Great-Grandpa's In the Litterbox

Great-Grandpa's In the Litterbox

Written by Dan Greenburg

Illustrated by Jack E. Davis

Reviewed by Brad F. (age 7)

Great-Grandpa's In the Litterbox

Zack is ten years old and weird stuff always seems to happen to him. Zack has been freaked out in other stories but in this book even more. In Great-Grandpa’s in the Litter Box, Zack’s Great-Grandpa turns into a cat. Zack doesn’t find that out until the cat talks and says that he’s his great-grandpa. At first he doesn’t believe him, at second he does. It’s up to you to find out if they give away the cat or keep him.

Great-Grandpa’s in the Litter Box is my favorite book because it’s funny. One of my favorite parts was when they were in Chicago and Zack brought home a cat who talks. The cat promised Zack that he would talk to his dad, and when he did…Zack’s dad freaked out, which looked very funny! In my mind, I pictured Zack’s dad’s mouth open and his eyes frozen. I can connect this to my life. When I got a new jacket and I was coming home in my new jacket it was raining. My new jacket was soaking wet. I went inside my apartment and inside my bedroom. I forgot to take off my jacket and when I realized it, I looked behind me. I panicked! I saw a puddle of water! When my dad saw the puddle he made the same look as Zack’s dad did when he saw the cat talk.

Do you have someone who acts weird in your family? Then you should read Great-Grandpa’s in the Litter Box because it is terrifying to Zack but freaky to us. All of the Zack file books are crazy. I learned a lesson here. Never trust a cat who talks!