1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Alexa G. (age 10)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Are you wimpy? Are you strong? Either way you should read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It's about a wimpy kid named Greg Heffley. Greg has a lot of problems. In this story Greg is trick-or-treating and older kids chase him. Greg and his best friend, Rowley lose them. Then they find Greg and Rowley and make someone eat the old _ _ _ _ _ _. If you want to find out what somebody ate then read the book. It is a hilarious book.

This book is unique because I felt like I was reading a real diary. It made me think about starting my own diary. You don't have to write! Just read the diary. I could imagine myself writing and drawing in a diary just like Greg did. My favorite part is when Greg and Rowley make comics because they write the things that kids are really thinking. My favorite character is Rowley. He breaks his arm and then becomes the class clown. Rowley reminded me of myself because I just broke my arm. The illustrations are great because it is just like a kid is really drawing them.

I would recommend this book to any 4th - 7th grader who enjoys a good laugh and reading diaries. I normally hate reading, but with this book I couldn't put it down.