1 The Winter of the Ice Wizard

The Winter of the Ice Wizard

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Reviewed by Holden H. (age 7)

The Winter of the Ice Wizard

The book was about a boy named Jack and a girl named Annie. The Wizard lost his eye so Jack, Annie, Teddy, and Kathleen have to get it or the Wizard will kill Morgan and Merlin. The Norns are blue, gray, and brown creatures that are a little like people. They give a few clues to help find the eye. Some wolves are chasing Jack, Annie, Teddy, and Kathleen. Who could they be? Finally, they get the eye and give it back to the Wizard.

I like this book because it is an adventure and it is a chapter book. I like adventure books because they're fun to read, and this author writes very good books, I think. I like chapter books because if there's a movie about it, you know more. Plus, they take longer to read. My favorite part was when the wolves turned into Morgan and Merlin. Not many books would have a part like that in it.

I think this book would be good for first- through seventh-graders because it has one hundred and six pages. I think people that like adventures would like this book. I think people would like when the wolves turn into people because it's a surprising part of the story.