1 The Frog Prince

The Frog Prince

Written by Jon Scieszka

Illustrated by Steve Johnson

Reviewed by Abel L. (age 8) & Sam B. (age 7)

The Frog Prince

He's back! He's thin! He's a frog prince that got married with a princess. But now the frog prince wanted to be turned back into a frog. The princess said "Why don't you go and slay a dragon or giant or whatever." But the frog prince didn't want to say anything. He just felt like running away. Then one day the princess could not take it. She found a lilly pad in his pocket and couldn't stand his croaking snore. So she said, "It would be better off if you were still a frog". Then the frog prince ran out of the castle and ran through four witches and asked if they could turn him back into a frog. But they took too much time so he went to the next witch and kept on going. The last witch turned him into a frog carriage. He was stuck there until midnight. Then the carriage turned back into himself and he ran to the castle and the pricess said, "Where were you? I where have you been? You're seven hours late and your dinner is cold and your clothes are a mess, I've been worried sick." They kissed and once they did, sorry we can't tell you, you have to read the book. The lesson is, appreciate how happy you were before.

We liked the book because the witches and the big bad wolf were in different stories. Our favorite part is when he gets turned into a carriage.We also like when he jumps on the furniture. Both of us like the frog prince but Abel likes the fat witch. We like the frog prince because he is the main character. This book is like no other book we have ever read because it teaches you a hard lesson.

We recommend this book to anyone who likes frogs, witches and the big bad wolf. If you like "The True Story of Three Little Pigs" by Jon Scieszka , you should get this book.