1 Rolie Polie Olie

Rolie Polie Olie

Written by William Joyce

Illustrated by William Joyce

Reviewed by Jolyon H. (age 6)

Rolie Polie Olie

This book is about a boy named Rolie Olie and he lived in a tea pot style house. He woke up in the morning. He got dressed. He brushed his teeth. He charged his head. He went outside and cleaned the house. He has a dog named Spot. Rolie Olie, his dog spot, Rolie mom, Rolie pop, and Rolie Olie?s sister Zowie played lots of games. They played hide and seek. They danced the Rolie Polie rumba. They were sleepy so they went back inside. Olie was the only one not sleepy. His parents got mad when he was playing with his bubble gun. They were mad because he popped his sister?s bubble and he made the room dirty. Olie was in trouble. Olie said sorry to his whole family and they hugged him. Olie felt happy and everyone slept together in a big bed. If you read this book you will find out how Olie got sleepy!

I liked when Olie popped his sister?s bubble gum with a bubble gun. I liked when he got in trouble afterward because he was acting like a soldier and learned that he?s not supposed to be mean to his sister. The illustrations are different then other books because they look more like computer drawings, they look cool.

This book is good for kids because it is easy to read. Other first graders would like this book because Olie acts like a first grader. Moms and Dads would like this book because Olie learns a lesson and says sorry.