1 The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord

Written by Cornelia Funke

Reviewed by Nathan V. (age 11)

The Thief Lord

Buon Giorno friends! Are you looking for a good read? I've got just the thing for you! The Thief Lord is a compelling tale, and its scene is laid in Venice, home to many islands, lagoons, and canals. The main characters, named Prosper and Bo, are on the run after escaping from their aunt and uncle in Hamburg. They join a gang of young thieves who are led by a thirteen year old boy who calls himself the Thief Lord. When the friends agree to participate in a mysterious and magical errand, the whole story unfolds. One of my opinions of The Thief Lord is that it is adventurous, because the gang was daring enough to go to a mystical island to which few had gone before. I found this story funny, because Bo just can't keep his mouth shut! This novel is also mysterious because you don't know who the villain is until you're towards the end. Spirited would also be a word to describe this book, because the kids had the guts to do what most can scarcely imagine. I recommend this book to anyone who likes mysterious thrillers. I will tell you just a little more-that within these exhilarating pages you shall read about a friendly detective, a wealthy lady, a forbidden island, and much, much more. Arrivederci; and have fun reading!