1 Arthur's Baby

Arthur's Baby

Written by Marc Brown

Illustrated by Marc Brown

Reviewed by Ameena R. (age 8)

Arthur's Baby

The book is about a little boy named Arthur. And he and his mother had a little baby sister, and his sister D.W. named the baby Kate. The mother packed her stuff inside her suitcase and went to the hospital to get the baby out of her stomach. D.W. and Arthur were happy to see the baby. D.W. was excited to see her baby sister. Arthur was maybe not excited to see his baby sister. In the middle of the book, his mother told him to baby-sit. His sister D.W. said that she would baby-sit. Arthur was sitting on the couch. When the doorbell rang, it was Arthur?s friends. D.W. said he could not play because he needed to baby-sit. Then D.W. told Arthur?s friends to come in if they wanted to see the baby, and but she told them don?t go close to the baby because they had germs on their hands. The mother was upstairs in Arthur?s room fixing stuff for the new baby. The baby started to cry and D.W. didn?t know what to do. She shook the baby, she kissed the baby. But she still was crying. Then D.W. screamed, ?Arthur, come help!? The dad and mother ran into the room to see what was going on with the baby. The baby stopped crying when Arthur was holding her.

It was a good book to start with. I liked the book because it was fun to learn about babies and different kinds of things. I have a little sister and I would like to be the same way as Arthur and his family.

I would recommend this book to all of my friends and teachers. It was a very good book to read with a partner or someone in your family. Whoever has a little baby sister would like the book.