1 Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part 2: The Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers

Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part 2: The Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers

Written by Dave Pilkey

Reviewed by Ashton Y. (age 8)

The book begins with Mr. Krupp, the school principal (a.k.a. Captain Underpants) and a student named Melvin who have their brains switched. Now Harold and George (our fearless heroes) have Mr. Melvin for their principal and Kruppy the kid for a classmate. In outerspace the robo-boogers, Carl, Trixie, and Frankenbooger, land on a spaceship that is heading to earth. Eventually, back on earth, Mr. Melvin (a.k.a Captain Underpants) and Kruppy the Kid have their brains switched back. Harold, George, and Mr. Krupp try to destroy the robo-boogers but realize that when the brains were switched back Mr. Krupp did not get his special powers back from Melvin! Now Mr. Krupp, Harold, and George have to figure out how to destroy the robo-boogers and get Mr. Krupp (a.k.a. Captain Underpants) his powers back!

This book is super funny because if you have a principal that sometimes hangs out in his underpants, what else could be funnier? The battle of the boogers is weird because I can't imagine being attacked by huge, outer space boogers! My favorite part of the book is when the whole football team is chasing after Melvin! The pictures are awesome! The book is like a chapter book combined with a comic book. There are these cool pictures where you can flip the pages fast and it looks like the drawings are moving. I wish my principal would be like Mr. Krupp with superpowers!

I recommend this book to any kid that wants to laugh about a principal in underwear or gigantic boogers attacking earth. It is kinda long, but it is so funny that you don't want to put the book down. It is not too hard to read, because Harold and George are about my age, but there are some supersonic words to read. It is a great book for 2nd and 3rd graders, and even some older kids who want a laugh!