1 Harold and the Purple Crayon

Harold and the Purple Crayon

Written by Crockett Johnson

Illustrated by Crockett Johnson

Reviewed by Kenny B. (age 9)

Harold and the Purple Crayon

This book is about a little baby that has a crayon and he is creating his own world. When everything was blank he started to scribble scrabble. He was coloring with the same color and it was purple. He was on a drawing adventure. He was coloring and coloring and coloring. Wherever he went he had to color. Then he started to build buildings! BUT! He had a little problem! You have to read the story to find out.

My favorite part is when the baby drew the police officer. It was funny. I think that the baby is about three years old. I like the story because it was funny and hilarious to see Harold create his own world. The illustrations were very funny especially the one when the little boy was sinking in the water.

When I read the book I imagined how it would feel to have your own world. The story reminds me of when I was a baby and I used to dream about making my own world just like the baby in the story.

My opinion is that the story was one of the best books I ever read. It was like a book that was invented by a genius. I recommend this book to people that want to make their own world. I think people should read the book because it is a really good book and it's funny too.