1 Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps

Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson

Reviewed by Kendra K. (age 8)

Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps

This book is about a boy named Henry and his dog Mudge. It takes place at Henry's grandmother's house in the country. In the beginning, Henry is in the car going to his grandmother's house. He is worried that Mudge is going to have to sleep outside at his grandmother's house. Then, Mudge does have to sleep outside on the porch and Henry sleeps home alone in his room. At the end, Henry hears Mudge crying on the porch, so Henry goes and lies next to Mudge.

I enjoyed this book because Henry loves his dog. I love dogs, too. Mudge is a great dog character because he is big and playful. My favorite part was when Henry's grandmother met Mudge because Mudge licked her all over. This made me laugh because this is what most dogs do. This is a book in a series of Henry and Mudge books. It is like the other books because there are the same characters. This one is different because Henry visits his grandma's and this makes for new adventures.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has a pet or wants one. They can see how to care for a pet. Henry takes really good care of Mudge.