1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Kara M. (age 11)

The Magician's Nephew

Do you have a crazy uncle who thinks he?s a magician? In the book, The Magician?s Nephew, you will read about many different things. If you are interested in adventure, this is the book for you! You will read about the founding of Narnia, a magical land where many unusual things can happen! Digory and Polly travel to this magical place. They awake an evil witch, and she plans to take over the world. Digory?s uncle is a magician and a crazy man. Digory?s mother is very sick, and only a special apple from Narnia can save her life. As you read this fascinating story, the themes of being responsible for one?s actions and becoming a good leader are evident.

This is a great story, and your eyes will be glued to the pages. The best part in this book is when they discover Narnia, a magical land where anything can happen. This section of the book was packed with action and adventure! The illustrations in this book give the reader a glimpse of what is happening in the story. Many of C.S Lewis?s books are not like any others. They all have the character Aslan in them who represents God. However, each book is different because they all have new characters, and the adventurous story line grabs the reader and takes you on a wild ride. Throughout this book, I could relate myself to many characters such as Polly because she is never really sure of things. Because I love going on adventures, I can also relate to Digory. This book is part of a series of seven books. I highly recommend that you read them in the order they come in the series because if you don?t you will probably not understand the basics and how Narnia started.

I recommend this book to everyone who is age 10 and up. This is an awesome book and will take your mind on a great adventure. If you are one that can read for hours and hours, you will love this book. I know from experience that reading the first and second book will tempt you to read the whole series in one day.