1 Flat Stanley

Flat Stanley

Written by Jeff Brown

Illustrated by Steve Bjorkman

Reviewed by Taylor E. (age 8)

Flat Stanley

Stanley got flattened by a bulletin board. Stanley was flat! He could slip under doors. Arthur was jealous because Stanley was flat. One day Mrs. Lambchop was going for a walk and her ring fell in a dark shaft in the street. Stanley had to get his mother?s ring. He got some shoelaces and tied them together and tied it around him. He went into the shaft and found the ring. The next day Stanley went to the park. He felt bad for Arthur so he let Arthur fly him as a kite. One of his friends came and asked him if he wanted to go for some hot dogs and some soda pop. Arthur let go of the string and Stanley blew into a tree. He did not like that. The next day he went to the museum. He helped catch the museum thieves. He had to get a disguise. He had to dress up like a girl. In the end, Arthur blew him up so he wasn?t flat anymore.

My favorite character was Stanley. I liked him because he was flat. This made the story interesting because of all the neat things he could do, like fit under a door and fit into the drain to get his mother's ring. My favorite part was when he dressed up like a girl. This reminds me of how much boys would hate to dress up like girls. They would tease each other about it. I liked the illustrations because they added something to the story to make it easier to understand.

I recommend Flat Stanley because it was so funny. If you like to laugh then you?ll like this story. I think everyone who can read should read this book.