1 Fantastic Mr. Fox

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Reviewed by Torie H. (age 8) & Nicole F. (age 9)

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Fantastic Mr. Fox is a great book for second and third graders because it is an easy book to read and understand. This fantastic book is about a fox, his wife and their four children who almost got shot from Bean, Bounce and Boggis who are hunters. Mr. Fox and his family did not have food for three whole days but on the fourth day Mr. Fox had a great idea. Mr. Fox saved his family and friends from starvation. We can't tell you this fantastic idea because we want you to read this fantastic book.

We both like this book because it was funny and we both like funny books. It was funny when the mouse was going to faint when Mr. Fox said he was going to have to eat the mouse. You should read this book if you like funny books. We also like the book because it grabs you in from the beginning with its beautiful language like: "It was a small silver speck of moonlight shining on a polished surface." This is a good book to read after you've read a hard book because it's a comfortable, "just-right" book to read.

It reminds us of Torie's sister and Nicole's brother because they take stuff from us and Mr. Fox stole from Bean, Bounce and Boggis.