1 Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of Baskervilles

Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Hound of Baskervilles

Written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Illustrated by Pablo Marcos Studio

Reviewed by Meredith G. (age 11)

This book is about Sherlock Holmes and his friend, Dr. Watson, and the mysterious animal that may have killed Sir Henry Baskerville. They are looking for the murderer in time to keep another murder from happening. When you read this book you will get all of the clues; then you will find out who or what killed Sir Henry.

This was a good book because it has a good beginning. It has a lot of descriptions such as the part where the girl is kidnapped by Hugo. They said, ?The sounds of drunken singing and laughter reached the frantic girl.? In the story, there is a man that looks almost the same as Hugo. Hugo looks like Mr. Stapleton because he has almost the same face. The way this character changes is if you take a finger and put it over his hat and hair they would look almost like him. Also I like the beginning because it draws you to the book. The part of the book that is my favorite part is when it tells you all about what has happened in the book so far. It also describes all of the clues that the characters have found along the way. Another reason why I like this book is because it refreshes my mind.

I recommend this book for ages 10 and up because it has some descriptive vocabulary for that age of students. But if someone would want to read this to a small child who might not understand some of the words, this would be a wonderful book for a relaxing afternoon.