1 Goopy Goop

Goopy Goop

Written by Christopher Stitt

Illustrated by Janine Dawon

Reviewed by Chris S. (age 10)

Goopy Goop

This is a book about a girl named Stacey. She is a person who likes to steal the teacher's Gooby Goop off the wall. I guess I should tell you what Gooby Goop is. Gooby Goop is sticky, but when you take it off the wall, it doesn't leave a mark. At recess the teacher says, "Open your hands, Stacey, and let me see if you have my Gooby Goop." She hides the Gooby Goop in her mouth. When Stacey gets home, a special commercial is on the T.V. "Gooby Goop has to be sent back," says Professor Goop. Stacey went to her clubhouse, and her Gooby Goop was gone. What happened to the Gooby Goop? Read the book to find out.

My favorite part of the story was when the Gooby Goop monster was on top of the store because they had to shoot him with orange juice. This book was like Sparklers and has the same author as a few other books that I've read. It is like books by the same author because it is a mystery and it was funny. It reminds me of squirting guns in a water fight when they are squirting orange juice at the monster.

I would recommend this book to 2nd and 3rd and 4th graders because it is easy to read when you're in those grades. It was also funny and made me laugh. The most interesting part is when Professor Goop, Patrick, and Stacey find goop all over the park.