1 Matilda

Matilda

Written by Roald Dahl

Reviewed by Kaitlynn B. (age 9)

Matilda

This book is about a child who gets powers. Her name is Matilda. How can one little girl have so much power? Read the book to find out the adventures of Matilda.

One adventure is that Matilda put super glue in her dad's hat. At school the headmistress' name is the Trunchbull. She goes into classes to teach teachers a thing or two about kids. The Trunchbull treats kids and teachers very badly. The Trunchbull puts kids in a scary place call the Chokey. The Chokey is a very tall place and they have to stand in it. Matilda wants to find a loving, caring home except, she ends up with the Wormwoods. They are not very nice people.

I like the part when Lavender puts a newt in the Trunchbull's jug of water. When the Trunchbull pours water in a glass she yells so loud the window panes shuddered.

These are my favorite characters: Lavender, Miss Honey, and Matilda. I like these characters because they are funny. Miss Honey is Lavender's and Matilda's teachers. Lavender and Matilda are very best friends and they play together at recess time.

If you read this book you will feel happy and sad all at the same time. I think that you will feel the same every time you read this book.

I think that people who love funny books should read this book. Kids that are six and older should read this book.