1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Sabrina V (age 10)

Because of Winn Dixie

India Opal Buloni goes to a store to buy groceries. The manager is yelling at a dog that is running around his store. Opal says that the dog is hers. The manager said "There isn't suppose to be dogs in this store". "I'm sorry he got in by mistake". When Opal got home she asked her father if they could keep the dog. Her father looked at the dog. Winn-Dixie smiled at her father. He smiled back. Her dad said she could keep him if she took good care of him. She washed him and fed him. Opal went to a pet store to look for a collar and a matching leash. Opal looked at the price. She didn't have money for the leash and collar. Opal went up to the desk and asked if she could work to pay for this leash and collar - Otis said you can start next week. Opal swept the floors and dusted for Otis. One day a little kid named Sweetie Pie heard Otis playing his guitar and looked inside the window and saw all the animals out of their cages. Sweetie Pie came every morning to hear Otis play also. A few days after Sweetie Pie asked Opal if she would come to her birthday party. She makes another friend named, Gloria Dump. Gloria makes Opal and Winn-Dixie peanut butter sandwiches. Opal keeps on making friends in the story. To see what other friends she makes read the story.

I like this book because I love dogs. My favorite part was when Winn-Dixie smiled at Gloria Dump, because she smiled back and laughed at him.

Opal reminds me of me because she has a dog and I have a dog. We have a lot in common like when we take care of our dogs really well. Winn-Dixie reminds me of my dog Angel. Angel and Winn-Dixie both love to play. Opal was really nice to take in a stray dog. She loved him very much from the start. I loved my dog from the start also but she wasn't a stray dog like Winn-Dixie.

Opal changed because she went and took in a stray dog and just didn't give the dog to the pound but loved him and cared for him. She always loved that dog since her father said yes and welcomed him to his new home. Opal was very happy for her own dog.

When you read this book you may feel sad or mad or even glad and excited. It's one of the best books I have ever read. You'll love it once you read this extraordinary book. There is a mystery for each day of Opal's life. With Winn-Dixie anything is possible.

I recommend this book to people who like to be surprised in a way you can't explain. Like when they found Winn-Dixie in the grocery store. Also when ever Winn-Dixie smiles he also sneezes.