1 A Jigsaw Jones Mystery: The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster

A Jigsaw Jones Mystery: The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster

Written by James Preller

Illustrated by R.W. Alley

Reviewed by K.O. (age 8)

A Jigsaw Jones Mystery:  The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster

Wingnut told Jigsaw, a detective, that his hamster was missing. Wingnut had no money to pay Jigsaw to solve the case, so he gave him a notebook instead. Their friend, Mila, went to the Reptile World and found out that a snake could eat a hamster. Jigsaw was scared because Wingnut `s brother had a pet snake . They all thought about where a hamster would go if it escaped. Now read the book and find out if they find Wingnut's hamster or not.

I enjoyed reading this book .One reason why this is a good book is because it is a challenging mystery. In the beginning, they did not know anything about hamsters. I wondered how they would solve the case. The book was easy to read though. There were not many hard words. I also enjoyed the book because it was exciting when they found the hamster. This is a great story.

Jigsaw Jones reminds me of Scooby Doo. They are both a lot alike. They both solve cases, have excellent ideas, and sidekicks. Jigsaw has Mila, and Scooby has Shaggie. Jigsaw has a note book to help him, but all that Scooby has is his nose. I cannot believe how much they are alike.

My favorite part was when Jigsaw and Mila went to Reptile World. I learned from that part that a snake could eat a hamster. That part was funny too. Jigsaw was very nervous around the animals. This part was also very important in helping to solve the case.

I recommend this book to any mystery lover. If you're not a mystery lover, you can still read this book. This book is good to read before you go to sleep.