1 The Cat in the Hat

The Cat in the Hat

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Reviewed by Chirstopher D. (age 7)

The Cat in the Hat

This story is about a cat wrecking a house. One day Sally and her brother were only sitting down doing nothing because it was raining. Something went bump and they didn't know what it was. Someone opened the door and in came the Cat in the Hat. The cat made a mess by balancing on a ball and bringing in Thing one and Thing Two. The cat had to clean the house up because their mother was coming home. Their mother came in and asked "What did you do today?"

My favorite part is when the cat came because he brought Thing One and Thing Two. I felt glad when I read this story because Thing One and Thing Two made such a mess.

My favorite character was Sally because she did not know what to do when the cat was wrecking everything.

I would recommend this book because the cat made such a mess but then he cleaned it up.

I think babies would like this story when they go to bed because their parents could read it to them. I also think preschoolers would like this book because there are rhyming words.

The story is interesting because a real cat cannot wear a hat, or a bowtie, or stand on one foot, or have a machine to clean everything up.