1 Tikki Tikki Tembo

Tikki Tikki Tembo

Written by Arlene Mosel

Illustrated by Blair Lent

Reviewed by Raymond F. (age 8) & Anthony U. (age 7)

Tikki Tikki Tembo

The story is about two boys and their mom in a small mountain village. The boys' names were Chang and the other boy's name was Tikki tikki tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi-pip peri pembo. Chang was the second son and his name meant "little or nothing." Tikki tikki tembo was the first son, which meant "the most wonderful thing in the whole wide world!" Their mom warned them not to go near the well but they did not listen. They went near the well. And Chang fell in the well. His brother ran to tell his mother what happened. She said to go and get the old man with the ladder. Then the old man came to fish him out. Then they did not go near the well for a few days. Then they went near the well again. Tikki Tikki tembo falls into the well. Does he get saved?

There was a character I (Anthony) liked in the book. His name was Tikki tikki tembo. I liked him because he had a long name. His name is kind of funny. I (Raymond) liked it because it was a little funny and it was interesting. We both liked the part when Tikki tikki tembo fell into the well.

I (Anthony) recommend this book because Tikki tikki tembo has a long name and I think other people would find the name funny too. I (Raymond) recommend this book to people that like books about China and to people that live in China.