1 House on Hackman's Hill

House on Hackman's Hill

Written by Joan Lowery Nixon

Reviewed by Erin H. (age 11)

House on Hackman's Hill

The House on Hackman's Hill is about two cousins, Jeff and Debbie. They go to their neighbor's house; their neighbor is Mr. Karsten. Mr. Karsten told them everything they needed to know about the house on the hill. How did Mr. Karsten know about the house? You're going to have to read the book and find out. Even though it is in early spring, Jeff and Debbie still go to the house. Everything is just like Mr. Karsten had told them. The two cousins go in the house for one reason and one reason only: to find a mummy! There is a $10,000 reward for anyone who finds it. Jeff and Debbie go in the house; they stay there all night looking for the mummy. At the end of the night they decide to unscrew the basement door to get down there. They get down there and, well you are going to have to read the book and find out because I'm not going to tell you.

I like this book because I like mysteries: this book has many scary surprises. This book also renminds me of when I went to the Haunted Castle with some of my friends. This book is one of those books that you can never stop reading, and I never got lost in it because it gave a lot of interesting details.

I think this book is good for fourth, fifth, and sixth graders because the time changes from present to past often. If you like mysteries you will love this book. It is not too long, but it is not too short either. It is just the right length. I hope you read this book because you will be glad you did!