1 Green Eggs and Ham

Green Eggs and Ham

Written by Dr. Seuss

Illustrated by Dr. Seuss

Reviewed by Luke B. (age 6) & Dion R. (age 6)

Green Eggs and Ham

Sam I Am tries to get the big tall man to eat green eggs and ham. The big tall man says, "I don't like Sam I Am and I don't like green eggs and ham." Sam asked the tall man would you like it in a house with a mouse. The tall man says "NO!" Then Sam asked the tall man would you eat them in a box with a fox. The big tall man says, "NO!" Sam and the man go in a tree, on a train, on a boat and in a car. Every Sam asks the big tall man to eat green eggs and ham. Find out if the big tall man ever eats green eggs and ham.

This book reminds us of eating breakfast because it talks about eggs and ham and we love eggs and ham. My favorite part is when the two men go on the boat because I liked the big tall man's face when he was on the boat with the goat. He looks mad. My favorite part is when the people crash in the boat and the big tall man is doing a belly slam. It is very funny. Sam was very funny in the book because he kept bugging the other man to eat green eggs and ham. This book teaches the reader that food is good and to not be afraid to try new things.

We recommend that first and second graders read this book because it is funny. It has beginner words and rhyming words that will help them learn to read.