1 Monster Blood

Monster Blood

Written by R.L. Stine

Reviewed by V.M. (age 9)

Monster Blood

This book is about a boy named Evan. He has to stay with his Aunt Kathryn, because his parents are staying in Atlanta. When Evan went to walk his dog, Trigger, he found a nice girl named Andy. Andy asked Evan if he wanted to go to the toy store. He said yes. When Evan and Andy got to the toy store Evan bought a can of Monster Blood. When Evan got home, Trigger ate some of the Monster Blood. The Monster Blood started growing and growing and growing. So did Evan's dog Trigger. In a couple of minutes Trigger was as big as a horse. The Monster Blood formed a big ball and started to attack Evan and Andy. The Monster Blood caught Evan's Aunt Kathryn. Then Sarabeth, Aunt Kathryn's cat, turned herself into a witch. Sarabeth trapped Evan, Andy, and Aunt Kathryn in Aunt Kathryn's house. Trigger came in the house and jumped on top of Sarabeth. When Sarabeth fell she and the Monster Blood were destroyed and Sarabeth's spells on Aunt Kathryn wore off.

This book is packed with a lot of questions about what's going to happen next. It is like a mystery sometimes as well as a puzzle. This is not good for people who are impatient because every time you think you're going to get an answer, something else happens. It reminds me of a family vacation I took once to Villa Roma. Everything went wrong just like in the book.

Another thing I liked about this book is the friendship between Evan and Andy. They were friends who would do anything for each other and I have a friend, Dominick, who would do anything for me.

I recommend this book to people who like to read mystery books. I also recommend it to people who like to solve puzzles. People who like the Goosebumps series will enjoy this book too. I certainly did!!

V.M.
is a student in
Mrs. Forte's Class 4B