1 The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

Written by Howard Pyle

Reviewed by D.P. (age 9)

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

This book is about a brave archer named Robin Hood. Robin has a big group of merry men who steal from the rich and give to the poor. The king is very mad at Robin and sends warriors to go find him and kill him. Robin finds out from a little boy that the king wants to kill him and he leaves the woods and finds a good spot to hide. At the end Robin gets hurt and goes to his cousin for help. Find out what his cousin does to him by reading this book.

I like this book and if I were Robin I would do the same thing, stealing from the rich to help the poor. I think Robin should wear a cape so every time he steals, the people would not know it was him. I also thought it was great that Robin Hood had so many good friends who helped him with the things he did. I have a lot of good friends too so I guess I am just like Robin Hood.

I recommend this book to people that like adventure stories with weapons. If you like helping the poor and you like sacrificing your life for the world you will like this book. The book has a very surprising ending to it and it is pretty sad. I loved this book!

D.P.
is a student in
Mrs. Forte's Class 4B