1 Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great

Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great

Written by Judy Blume

Illustrated by none

Reviewed by S.P. (age 10)

Otherwise Known As Sheila The Great

This book is about a girl named Sheila Tubman. She has an older sister, Libby, who she hates. Sheila is afraid of lots of different things but she is most afraid of dogs, spiders, and water. Sheila and her family go to Tarrytown for the whole summer. They borrow her father's friend's house and Sheila has to sleep in a boy's room. The worst part of all is that the family has a dog named Jennifer, and Sheila is terrified of dogs. Sheila has a pretty hard time, and then her mom signs her up for swimming lessons, and Sheila is terrified of water! Just when Sheila thinks she is going to have the worst summer of her life she makes a friend and ends up having the best summer of her life.

Sheila reminded me of myself. I am afraid of really big spiders and a little afraid of dogs. I am fine around water, though. When Sheila and her family were in their summer home, it reminded me of my summer vacations with my family. We rent a house at the beach, and have so much fun playing with our friends.

I think this book is exciting. I really enjoyed it and recommend it because it teaches an important lesson. If you try, you can do anything! I recommend it to people who are afraid to try new things. If you read this book you will find out that if you set your mind to something you can do it!! This is the first Judy Blume book that I have read, and I am looking forward to reading more of her books.

S.P.
is a student in
Mrs. Forte's Class 4B