1 Horrible Harry at Halloween

Horrible Harry at Halloween

Written by Suzy Kline

Illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz

Reviewed by Josh G. (age 9)

Horrible Harry at Halloween

This story was about what Harry was going to be for a Halloween party. The kids thought he was going to be something scary like last year. They thought he was going to be a Loch Ness monster like last year. His class was doing a science experiment with water to see things float or sink. There was water everywhere. Song Lee was doing a science experiment with water in a bucket. She spilled it on Mary's desk. Harry's friend dressed up like a person, half-horse, half-man. Mary dressed up as Tinkerbell. The teacher dressed up like a witch with her face painted and covered with raisins. Harry dressed up like a police officer.

Mary lost her baby powder--it was supposed to be pixie dust. Harry solved his first crime. I'm not going to say one word about it, because you need to look in the story and find out. Harry was up to his usual tricks. Sometimes Harry's tricks helped the class.

I thought the baby powder which was supposed to be pixie dust was a laugh. She was sad because the kids knew it was baby powder. She told Cindy it was pixie dust, not baby powder.I remember in the story, Mary threw the pixie dust, and Harry showed up. She thought that her baby powder was really pixie dust.

It reminds me of the first time I went to Halloween. It was in Japan, and it was really cool because everyone tried to scare me and I was only 7 1/2.

My favorite character was the teacher dressed up like a witch with raisins on her face. She was covered in it. That was my favorite part too.

I think everyone in the whole world should read this because, if you read Horrible Harry at Halloween it will remind you of the first time you went to Halloween. Everyone will love this story, but you have to read it. I'm not going to say one word about it, because you need to look in the story and find out.