1 The Best School Year Ever!

The Best School Year Ever!

Written by Barbara Robinson

Illustrated by none

Reviewed by Shanice P. (age 7)

The Best School Year Ever!

This story is about a family called the Herdmans. A girl named Beth wrote about them. There were six Herdmans and they all went to the same school. The Herdmans were mean kids who did bad things. One time they put their cat in the washer at the laundromat and the cat went crazy. Another time, they tattooed a baby with markers and charged 25 cents to see him. They smoked cigars, too. One time they put fire crackers and cigarettes on Smokey the Bear by the second grade classroom. Beth had an assignment to come up with compliments for Imogene Herdman, who was in her class. It was complicated for Beth to come up with good compliments for her because she was so bad. People should read this book if they want to find out more of the stuff the Herdmans did.

I kind of like this story. I liked it mainly because the Herdmans were nuts! I would not want one of the Herdman's in my classroom, because they might get me into trouble. My favorite part was when they put their cat in the washer at laundromat because when he ran out of the washer, he went crazy. It made me laugh and it was funny. My favorite character was Beth's friend Louella McCluskey because she was cool. She put her brother Howard on a leash so he wouldn't get away.

I recommend this story because the Herdmans were nuts! I think kids over 12 could read this story by themselves.