1 The Berenstain Bear Scouts and the Sinister Smoke Ring

The Berenstain Bear Scouts and the Sinister Smoke Ring

Written by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Reviewed by Avasha C. (age 10)

Why is it important not to smoke? The book I read was about a boy who wanted to be part of a gang and the only way was for him to smoke. Scout brother was hanging out with the Tootall Gang. He was pulling tricks, being bad, and being disrespectful to his sister and brother. One day he came home smelling like smoke and his brothers and sisters asked him ?where have you been and why are you coming home smelling like cigarette smoke?. Brother scout didn?t care what they said because he kept hanging out with the Tootall Gang. Until A couple of days later the milkman caught them smoking and he grabbed brother scout and took him to the graveyard to show him people who had died of smoking. When Brother scout saw this he felt sad and started wondering about what would happen to him if he kept smoking. If you want to know what he decided on, go out to the library and get this great book.

I liked the book because it tells a lot of good reasons why you should not smoke. The lesson about this book is don?t hang around people that smoke. Also don?t smoke at all because smoking causes and brings trouble. The book made me wonder about the people who smokes and wants them to stop. I felt bad because scout brother was to young to be staying away from home and smoking. My favorite part in the book is when scout brother stopped hanging out with the Tootall gang.

I recommend this book to everyone who smokes that they can know what smoking can do to you and others, people can read this book so that they can tell them what can happened to them if they keep on smoking.