1 Nate the Great San Francisco Detective

Nate the Great San Francisco Detective

Written by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat

Illustrated by Martha Weston

Reviewed by Ellery P. (age 9)

Nate the Great San Francisco Detective

The main character is Nate the Great. He is a detective who solves problems. He also helps people find stuff. In this story, Nate the Great goes to San Francisco. Nate the Great had to go on a case in San Francisco to help Duncan find his joke book because it was missing. Duncan lost his joke book in Booksie's Bookstore.

I like this series because I like detective books and I think they are cool. In some of the books Nate goes to other states to help people find their things. In another book, Nate has to stay in his own state to help people there.

This book is different because in the book, people lose toys a lot. Nate gets to help people find their stuff. Nate also gets to go to different states like California.

I like the illustrations because I think they are really good and they have a lot of details in them. The picture I like most is made of watercolors. It is a picture of a dog looking in the garbage.

I recommend this book to people who like reading detective books. I think they would like it because it is easy to read. I think second and third graders would like to read this book.