1 Judy Moody Saves the World!

Judy Moody Saves the World!

Written by Megan McDonald

Reviewed by Emily A. (age 9)

Judy Moody Saves the World!

Judy Moody is the main character in this story. She has a little brother whose name is Stink. He is annoying. Judy is always in a different mood. She has two best friends. One friend is Rocky. He's very nice to Judy. Her other best friend is Frank. He always plays things with her.

There are two problems in this story. One problem is that Judy is trying to save the world because she entered the crazy stripe contest. In the kitchen one morning when Judy and Stink were eating breakfast, Stink kept asking Judy about the Crazy Stripe Contest. The Crazy Stripe Contest is about drawing your own crazy picture. Stink drew a crazy bat and Judy drew a whole bunch of crazy stripe things. Judy wants to win the contest.

A few weeks later at school, Judy's class got a piece of paper for a project. Judy's project is finding a Northeast beech tiger beetle and writing a report about it. A Northeast tiger beetle is very rare. Rocky helps Judy look for the beetle.

I liked this book because it reminds me of Captain Underpants. Both of the main characters try to save the world in different ways.

My favorite part in this story was when Judy was mad because she didn't want to have to look for that beetle. She does not like beetles.

This book is really similar to Captain Underpants because both characters are crazy and both have two best friends. Judy looks like Captain Underpants because they both look like heroes.

This story reminds me of when I was little. I saved my best friend and I acted like I was a super hero and could save the world too.

I recommend this book to kids who like super heroes. This also is a good book for kids who like funny books. This book is just right for third graders and up.