1 Hatchet

Hatchet

Written by Gary Paulsen

Reviewed by Brandyn N. (age 11)

Hatchet

Hatchet is about a 14 year old boy named Brian. His parents got divorced. He was on his way to Canada to visit his dad. The pilot had shown him how to fly the plane. The pilot had a heart attack and died on the way. He was forced to land the plane on a lake. He almost died on impact to the water, but he survived. He was very sore for about a week. His mom had given him a hatchet before the flight to his dad?s house. The hatchet helped him survive throughout the time he is there. Now you should see why the book is called Hatchet.

My favorite part of the book is when Brian made a bow and shot fish in the water. You can find out the rest of the book if you read it.

I recommend this book to people who like adventure books because it is a very good adventure book. I think some people who don?t like adventure still might like this book. I think adventure books are the best books there are.

I thought this was a very good book. Hatchet is now my favorite book and Gary Paulsen is now my favorite author.