1 Goldilocks and the Three Hares

Goldilocks and the Three Hares

Written by Heidi Petach

Illustrated by Heidi Petach

Reviewed by Malik S. (age 7) & Jonathan S. (age 8)

Goldilocks and the Three Hares

This book is about a girl named Goldilocks and three hares (don't forget the eight mice). Goldilocks was bouncing her ball in the woods when...her ball bounced right into a hare's hole. Goldilocks falls in after the ball. She makes a bit of a discovery. She explores the hare's home. She tried out different stuff but some stuff just didn't fit right. What do you think happens when the hares come home to a stranger in their hole? Read the book and find out.

This book is based on the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. We like the part when Goldilocks tasted Papa's burnt oatmeal and it was too hot! She went, "YEOW!" Then Goldilocks tried the medium sized bowl, but that was too cold. Malik and Jonathan liked the part when Goldilocks made a puzzled face because she found ice cubes in the oatmeal! They also loved the part when a weasel smashed into the wall because he couldn't control himself when he tasted the hot oatmeal. This book wasn't like any other book because instead of putting quotation marks, the author put talking bubbles. The main idea of the story is, never go into someone's hole without their permission! And never go into a stranger's home because you never know what's inside and what can happen.

People or readers who enjoy comedy will like this book because it's retold with lots of comedy. We also recommend this book to 7-9 year olds because it's not too long and not too short. This book can help people understand why it is not safe to go into a stranger's house alone. So if you like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, you will like Goldilocks and the Three Hares!