1 Harry the Dirty Dog

Harry the Dirty Dog

Written by Gene Zion

Illustrated by Margaret Bloy Graham

Reviewed by Joel G. (age 8) & Serena W. (age 8)

Harry the Dirty Dog

Harry is a white dog with black spots. Who doesn't like taking a bath? One day he took the brush and buried it in the backyard and then ran away. Harry played in every dirty spot he could find. He got so dirty, that he changed into a black dog with white spots. He was hungry and wanted to go home, so he did. One of the family members saw Harry, but didn't recognize him. Harry tried to show them that it was him by doing tricks, but that didn't work. Will Harry's family believe that it's him or not? Read the book and find out!

We thought that this book was a great book because Harry turned from a white dog with black spots to a black dog with white spots. We thought this book was funny because Harry did funny tricks, but his family still didn't recognize him. Joel also liked the part when Harry kept getting dirty.

We recommend this book to people who like picture books and dogs because it is about a dog. We don't recommend this book to people who like chapter books because it is a very short book. We hope you enjoy this book!