1 The Magician's Nephew

The Magician's Nephew

Written by C.S. Lewis

Illustrated by Pauline Baynes

Reviewed by Corrine C.M. (age 9)

The Magician's Nephew

The Magician?s Nephew is a great book! The Magicians Nephew is chock full of imagination and fun. This fabulous book is written by C.S. Lewis. The Magicians Nephew has 202 awesome pages ,and it?s all worth it! This book is about a boy named Digory. His mother is very ill, and he is terribly sad. He meets a gracious friend named Polly. Together they travel to new lands by magic and time. Digory?s uncle owns mysterious magical rings that take you to the Wood between the World (as Digory and Polly call it). Uncle Andrew tricks Polly into touching a ring, and POOF she?s gone in thin air! Now, I?m sure you are all wondering why Uncle Andrew sent Polly away?well you?ll have to read to find out!

To read more about Digory and Polly?s adventures, you can look for the sequels: The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe, The Horse and His Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair, and The Last Battle. My favorite part in The Magician?s Nephew is when he goes back to Narnia and gives the lion the apple. This is my favorite part because it is a conclusion that leaves you hanging. I particularly like the characters Uncle Andrew and Polly, because they have such good souls, are kind and forgiving. This book is unique because it seems long, but reading it flies by. While reading the book I felt enchanted and magical.

This is a great book for those who love good friend ship, courage, fantasy and excitement. After reading this book you feel like doing a good deed, because it has such a great conclusion! It also makes you want to have an adventure! I highly recommend this enchanting book!!