1 Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers

Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson

Reviewed by Madeleine C. (age 6) & Remy S. (age 6)

Henry and Mudge and the Sneaky Crackers

Henry is a boy and Mudge is a dog. They went to a shop and saw a spy kit. They loved the spy kit so they went back home and Henry emptied his piggy bank and went back to the shop. Henry and his dog Mudge paid and took the spy kit home and opened the spy kit. It had a telescope and spy glasses and a spy hat and a magnifying glass and even a secret code! That is what the spy kit has. After Henry opened the spy kit, Henry started spying. Henry and Mudge loved spying. Henry said, "This is fun!" Henry and Mudge were spying in town. Henry and Mudge kept on finding codes. Henry found out what one of the codes said: Meet me on Monday 5:00. A boy came who had the same spy kit. They made a club and they named the club Crackers.

We like this book because it is similar to Harriet the Spy. Our favorite part is when they found the codes. If you like spies, you should read this book. The pictures give you clues. Our favorite character is Henry because he is very smart. He knows where to spy and where to hide. He's a very good spy.

We recommend this book. People who like spies should read this book. You would probably like this book if you like to spy. First graders and under would like this book. Maybe second graders would enjoy it too.