1 If You Take a Mouse To School

If You Take a Mouse To School

Written by Laura Numeroff

Illustrated by Felicia Bond

Reviewed by Betty A. (age 8)

If You Take a Mouse To School

Do you have a wild imagination? If so, you'll love this book. I never imagined how amazing a mouse could be until I read, "If You Take a Mouse to School". What makes this book so special is how funny it is to see a mouse doing what kids normally do. I laughed all the way through wondering what next this busy little mouse would do.

The book is about a little boy who took a mouse to school with him. The mouse fit right in able to do everything the other kids could do including read, write, do art projects and best of all perform science experiments. My favorite part was the science experiment because of the pictures. Read this book and find out why the mouse ended up with purple slime all over himself. The pictures look so real, even dirt on the soccer ball. Every page has bright, colorful pictures that I liked because each one showed action like the mouse flying above the basketball during P.E. I wonder whether he sat on the basketball when the boy threw it or could he jump that high? When I read this part, I thought about how I wish I were better at basketball. There's a girl in my class who always makes fun of me because I can't shoot baskets. Looks like the mouse couldn't either, but he was still pretty amazing. Maybe I can be, too.

I recommend this book to kids ages 5 and up because of how creative the mouse is. Maybe the author was trying to show me how to be creative with just simple things like using clay to make a room full of furniture and paper and pencils to fill a bookcase with my own books. You might also like, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and "If You Give A Mouse A Muffin". The mouse will make you laugh in all these books!