1 Number the Stars

Number the Stars

Written by Lois Lowry

Reviewed by Gina B. (age 11)

Number The Stars by Lois Lowry is an example of historical fiction. In this book there were two main characters. One who was named Anne-Marie Johansen. The other was named Ellen Rosen (who was one of the Jewish children in Denmark. ) Together, they fought against the Nazi soldiers to bring Ellen to a boat that would bring Ellen to safety. The book was also about Jews that could not get out of the country and Jews that could not be free. It shows peace love, friendship at the end of the book.

I thought this book was interesting. My favorite part was when they took the Jews on the boat to safety. Also, it was cool when they had to travel at night. The book was funny, weird, and just plain awesome. It really taught me to be kind to others.

I would recommend this book because it teaches respect and friendship. If you like people with respect for their friends and a suspenseful read then this book is definitely for you. Also if you like books that are 137 pages long, like I do, then we?ll get along great.