1 The Knight at Dawn

The Knight at Dawn

Written by Mary Pope Osborn

Reviewed by Brandon W. (age 8) & Garrett L. (age 9)

The Knight at Dawn

Do you like adventures? If you do then this is a book for you. This book is part of a series called Magic Tree house. This is #2. In this book there are two main characters, Jack and Annie. They are brother and sister who go on magic trips in a magic tree house. In this book their adventure takes place in Medieval times because Annie wishes to go there. While they are back in time they see boys wearing skirts and people eating peacocks. Annie is curious to see the inside of a castle, but Jack does not want her to go in. She runs in anyway. Because of the guards in the castle, Jack and Annie are trapped inside. You should see how much trouble they go through to get home, from falling out of a castle to secret passages. To find out what happens to Jack and Annie and if they get home, read this book.

This story does not have a lot of pictures, but on the pages that do have pictures, the pictures are really detailed. My (Brandon's) favorite part is when Jack and Annie are getting chased by guards and they come to a dead end. You don't know if they are going to jump out of the building or get caught because this book is like a mystery. My (Garrett's) favorite part is when Jack falls out of the castle because it's exciting. This reminds me of the time when I wiped out on my Runt bike. If you read this book you will want to read the whole series. We think the author's message to the readers is use your imagination wisely because Jack and Annie don't use their imaginations wisely and that's how they get into all this trouble. We think this book is like Amber Brown because they all get into trouble in different ways. Jack and Annie get in trouble when they go on trips and Amber gets in trouble when she does not listen, which is very often.

We recommend this book to people who don't have good imaginations because Jack and Annie kind of teach you how to use your imagination. We think people who like adventures should definitely read this book because it is loaded with adventures. If you want to learn about Medieval times and this recommendation fits you, then you should read this book.

Brandon W. and Garrett L.
are students in
Class B105