1 The Twits

The Twits

Written by Roald Dahl

Reviewed by Lauren L. (age 8)

The Twits

The Twits in this story are the two main characters. In the beginning the twits play awful tricks on each other. One of the tricks that Mrs. Twit does is she puts worms in Mr. Twit's spaghetti!

Mr. Twit took Mrs. Twit's walking stick and every day he added a little more wood. He put the wood on the bottom of the stick and Mrs. Twit thought she was getting the "shrinks".

There are four monkeys and tons of birds in this story. Mr. Twit puts super glue on the branches of a tree and then when the birds land, they get stuck! Mr. Twit wants the birds for his supper in a bird pie. There's a problem though when four boys get stuck in the tree instead of the birds!

I liked the book so much because it is so funny. You'll wonder what will happen to Mr. and Mrs. Twit when the monkeys try and get back at them.

I recommend this book to people who like funny books. You might get ideas about how to trick your brothers and sisters from this story. I think it's a good book for young readers. I think Roald Dahl's writing style is very good.