1 Ruby the Copycat

Ruby the Copycat

Written by Peggy Rathmann

Illustrated by Peggy Rathmann

Reviewed by Mashiya C. (age 8) & Andre W. (age 8)

Ruby the Copycat

Have you ever had someone copy everything you do? In this book Ruby was copying everything that a girl in her class was doing. Angela was not happy when Ruby copied her. The teacher had a talk with Ruby to help her. If you want to find out about all the funny things that Ruby does, and how things turn out you must read this book.

We think the colors were very pretty and the words were very easy to read. We can read this book to ourselves. I (Andre) think the pictures were done with colored pencils because the colors were so bright and the lines were so straight. I (Mashiya) favorite part was when the teacher asked what the class did for the weekend? And Ruby said she hopped all weekend. That made me laugh. I (Juliann) enjoyed the story because I like to copy what my brother does sometimes too. And it makes him angry, but he still loves me and has fun with me.

We recommend this book to our younger brothers and sisters because they copy us. This book will show them how it feels to be copied. This is also a good book for teachers to read to their class.