1 The Witches

The Witches

Illustrated by Quentin Blake

Reviewed by Melissa F. (age 10)

The Witches

I read THE WITCHES! This book is about magic and dreams coming true. The author of the story is Roald Dahl, a well-known children?s writer. This book is about a boy and his grandmother that are going to the same hotel as witches that hate children. The witches dress like humans. They wear wigs, gloves, masks and costumes. The witches only wear costumes, because they are terribly ugly underneath. The main witch in the story is named Victoria. Imagine if you were in a room full of identical witches. You would not be able to tell which witch is which.

In my opinion, the witch?s descriptions are so amazing that the story comes alive. My favorite part of the book is when the witches turn children into mice, because the deatils describe that part better than any other moment in the book. It would be incredibly cool to see someone turn into a mouse. Wouldn't it? The story made me think of when I went to a hotel and there was a group of ladies that I thought looked like witches.

I recommend this book to children aged 8-20 years old, because I read it when I was younger and again recently and I think it will scare little children. This is a book you want to read if you like magic. You can read this book over and over again and you?ll never get bored.