1 Frindle

Frindle

Written by Andrew Clements

Illustrated by Brian Selznick

Reviewed by Jake S. (age 10)

Frindle

Nick is a very creative kid that is always thinking of crazy ideas. He comes up with the idea to change the classroom into a beach. He puts bags of sands on the floor, umbrellas, and put volleyball net up in the classroom. Now you can see why Nick is very creative. Now you are wondering why they call the book "Frindle". Frindle is what Nick calls his pen. Soon the word "frindle" is spread through the whole classroom, then the whole school. Finally, the word frindle spreads through the whole town, then across the country! Nick doesn't know what to do to stop it. To find out more about this book, read it!!!!

I liked the book because it was funny. There was lots of humor and creative ideas. My favorite part was when he changed the classroom into a beach. My favorite character was Nick because he was very different. I recommend this book because it is hilarious. There are so many ideas that Nick comes up with that nobody else would think of. You would like this book if you like funny and creative books.