1 Superfudge

Superfudge

Written by Judy Blume

Reviewed by Kerry A. (age 8)

Superfudge

This book is about a boy named Farley Drexel Hatcher and his brother Peter Hatcher. Farley wants to be called Fudge, or Fudgie. Peter has a dog whose name is Turtle and Fudge got a bird named Uncle Feather. In the beginning of the story, they got a new baby sister named Tootsie, and their family moved from New York to Princeton. In one part of the book, Fudge calls his Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hildebrandt, "Rat Face". In another part of the book, Fudge got to meet his favorite author. In most of the book, Fudge is a pain to Peter.

I liked this book a lot because the author wrote what the characters did in a funny way. My favorite part was when Fudge put a worm on top of Tootie's face, and his mother screamed. It was really funny, and I liked it. The illustrator drew nice pictures. They showed some funny parts well. I would like to read more about Fudge.

I would recommend this book because it's funny! Everybody should read this book. Mother's should read it to like first grade kids and under, and second graders and up could read it themselves.