1 Mummies Don't Coach Softball

Mummies Don't Coach Softball

Written by Debbie and Marcia Thorton Jones Dadey

Illustrated by John Gurney

Reviewed by David P. (age 10)

Mummies Don't Coach Softball

I read a book called Mummies Don't Coach Softball. It is about a group of kids that play softball. When their coach leaves on a trip a weird guy takes over. Almost every time he does something he trips, falls, or hurts himself. And each time he does one of those things he wraps himself in white tape. A girl named Liza said to her friend Howie, "Don't you think he looks like a mummy?" After practice that day they went to a house to find clues. And if you want to know what happens you should get this book out of your school or public library

What I like about this book is when the coach accidentally let go of the bat and it hit the other coach's car and he got so mad he postponed the game. My next favorite part was when the kids went to the house and the owner lead them upstairs .The other part of the book I like is when the Coach makes the kids clean up the holes they dug.

I would recommend this book to kids who like Mummy Mystery books. I think you would like this book if you like baseball or softball. This book is also easy and fun to read. And if you like the authors Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones, you will be sure to enjoy this book also!