1 Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web

Written by E.B. White

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by Olivia T. (age 7)

First, let me tell you about this book! This book is about Charlotte and Wilbur. They become best friends. In Summer a lamb tells Wilbur he is going to be killed so Zuckerman and his family can have pork, bacon, and ham. So Charlotte promises Wilbur she will help. She helps by writing words about Wilbur. For example she writes some pig, terrific, and radiant on her web.

First the characters in this book are great. For example Charlotte is kind because she is a friend to Wilbur. Another example is that Wilbur gives compliments to the animals names in the barn that are also kind.

Next I like this book because it teaches you about friendship. For example Wilbur was alone in the barn he wanted a friend the sheep didn't want to be friends with him and didn't want to play in the mud with him so when it was night Charlotte talked to Wilbur and the next day they were best friends.

Finally I like this book because it is a little funny. For example Wilbur tells Charlotte he wants to spin a web just like her so Templeton helps Wilbur by putting a string on Wilbur's tail. Charlotte tells Wilbur to go on the highest place so he goes on the manure pile and jumps everywhere then Wilbur gets tangled but Templeton helps. That was funny.

My favorite part of the book was when Charlotte travels with Wilbur to help him win a contest.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves animals. I think people who like sad stories should read this book. I dare you to read Charlotte's web By E. B. White and I dare you not to cry. I bet you will like this book and I hope you will enjoy reading this book.