1 A Bad Case of Stripes

A Bad Case of Stripes

Written by David Shannon

Illustrated by David Shannon

Reviewed by Brianna C. (age 8)

This book is about a girl named Camilla who has a bad case of the stripes. She has rainbow stripes all over her and she doesn't know a cure. The stripes started to come when she stopped eating what she really, really loved: lima beans. Her mom tried to call a doctor, but nothing was working. Then a lady came and gave Camilla some lima beans and she was cured!

First, one reason why I like this book is because it teaches you a lesson.It teaches you that it's okay to be different. For example, Camila should not care what others think about her liking lima beans.

Like I said I love this book. Another reason is because it has lots of colorful pictures. For example, one of my favorite illustrations is when Camila's face looks like the American flag when the class is doing the pledge of allegiance.

Also, I think the book is funny and cool. Something that is funny is how the kids are staring at her when the lady comes to give her lima beans. Camila yells "stop" to the lady.

My favorite part of the book was when Camila says "wait I actually love lima beans'' to the lady and she walks in and gives Camilla a big handful of Lima beans.

I recommend this book to 2nd grade to 5th graders because I enjoy it.

I bet you read this book and say to yourself "This Book gives a good lesson. Thank you it's amazing, and it's just teaching a girl lessons!".. I bet you love love love this book!