1 Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

Written by David Lubar

Illustrated by Matt Loveridge

Reviewed by Lauren W. (age 8)

Looniverse: Meltdown Madness

This book is about a boy who really wants to be on the school soccer team. In order to be on the team, Ed has to sell chocolate bars to make money. This money is used to buy soccer jerseys. Ed has a really good friend named Moose. If you think Moose is a funny name, Moose has a brother named Mouse! Moose is very smart. Mouse is very fast and strong. Ed has a little brother named Derwin. Derwin has a special power. He can control the weather! One day, Ed and Moose were walking home. It was so hot outside all the chocolate melted! Will Ed be able to use his friends’ and family’s abilities to work it all out? If not, how can he clean up this melted chocolate mess and earn money for the shirts? Can Ed ever get onto the team? You will have to read this book to find out!

I like this book because I like how the author gave some of the characters special powers. For example, when Ed realized the chocolate was melting during the walk home, Mouse offered to run it home for Ed because he can run at the speed of light! I think a lot of funny and strange things happen in the Looniverse, like when three pigs appeared in Ed’s house after he was just thinking about the Three Little Pigs. I think it is a good title for the book.

I recommend this book to people of any age who like fiction. Also, to anyone who likes adventure stories. I thought the book was funny, so if you like funny books, try reading this one.